Wednesday, April 23, 2008

ON AMERICAN COLLEGE SITUATION FROM SOME DISTANCE AWAY




*

Dr. A.R.VENKITARAMAN, erstwhile Professor of Chemistry

*

While the 'dharna' and the 'watch' organized by the retired faculty, alumni/alumnae and other active well-wishers of the American College are good, these may not by themselves be adequate to restore the status quo ante at the College. The highest Court of Justice in Madurai may have to be approached for a judgement that the recent actions of the Chairman of the AMC Governing Council are unconstitutional, therefore illegal and so liable to be overturned by the Court.

If the Church is determined to take over the College, it will bide its time until the forces of opposition tire and fizzle out. For how many nights and days can the 'watch' and vigil be maintained! That is why they are inadequate. But I applaud what is being done to save the College.

It is all very grim. I feel very sad for the College that I served for 38years. I remember the wonderful times I had. But I am some distance away now and can only imagine what is going on. Let me from where I am wish the College well and hope that the College would be saved.

A.R.Venkitaraman 


*


No comments:

Post a Comment