Thursday, April 30, 2015

Dr. PAUL LOVE


R.P. NAIR, Editor, Kavyabharathi, poetry journal of SCILET: 


He was the teachers’ Teacher. Some teachers convey information, some communicate well but the greatest teacher is one who inspires. He is one of the finest teachers I have ever come across. He is an institution builder. SCILET is a living monument of his efforts. He had a dream and he had made it into a reality. He combines qualities of courage and compassion.




PRAMILA PAUL, retired professor of English, 


The American College: We feel the loss so much because of all that we have gained from him. It was a rewarding experience to be with him. It is very difficult to follow his ways. His ability to forgive people is beyond understanding. He will always look for some redeeming feature in a person who had offended him. His love never excluded anyone. His non-hierarchical approach to people is commendable.



PAUL   ANBU, an old student




It’s hard to digest, my teacher, mentor, god father and above all a good friend has fallen. Dr. Paul Love who was Paulji to me was everything to me and to my family. He is the god-father to my children as well. He taught me everything. He taught me to walk, talk, breathe and exist. Above all he taught me and my family to be true human beings. He showed through his life the value of a true human being. I am glad to see he has developed hundreds of human beings like me in his eighty nine years of existence in this world. I join thousands of his students in paying homage to the great man. Paulji, you have successfully completed your mission in this world…. You have touched thousands of hearts… you have changed the lives of thousands… you have mentored thousands of students… you have created thousands of people in your mould. Good bye my Paulji…. Goodbye my friend… Good bye…

PAUL ANBU writes a personal mail to me.Part of it is here .........

Premila Paul called me and told me that he keeps asking about me and asking her to read the article I wrote in the book “Love in Madurai”. She said the situation is not very good and I should talk. So I talked to him. I asked him what he had for lunch and he replied soup. I reminded him about me cooking soup for him in the late 1990s when I used to stay with him and promised him that I will cook soup the next time I come. He asked me when I will be coming for which I told him December. With a sigh he said he is taking only one day at a time and December is too far…. My heart cried for him…. That was the last I talked to the great man….


*

1 comment: