Thursday, January 23, 2014

DEATH OF A GOOD FRIEND & A GREAT PROFESSOR

*
*


I met departed Prof. J.V. when he was in the hospital first time. After that I could neither meet him nor attend his cremation due to some little physical ailments I had then.  Wanted  so much to say about him in this blog very immediately but could not … Sorry JV.


‘gentleman’ – this word should be there whenever we want to say anything  about him. And what a subtle humour he had. Once some of us were sitting in the college canteen. All of a sudden it struck me that everyone around the table then had at least one heart attack but we were all of different versions..! Some were drinkers, some not; some smokers, some not; some ‘hardies’, and some ‘softies’ …  But we had that one thing common – one attack. I asked the group how come we are all different flocks and still had this thing common. Some silence. Then JV stood up and very casually said, ‘If you have a heart, you would get an attack’!  We dispersed to our departments with a good laugh.


He has donated his eyes and finally as per his wish was cremated. He sets a model. How nice it would be if I follow him in both. I should. Thank you, JV.

self portrayal of young JV playig chess 
in one of his articles



I insisted him to bring all his write-ups in different journals into a book. He did not take any interest. So I insisted and started a blog in his name - http://jvasanthan-penbrush.blogspot.in and published many of his articles published in the Hindu. 

It is my bouquet to his memory.



To visit JV’s blog,    JUST CLICK THIS ……….





thanks for the photos Reuben













No comments:

Post a Comment